You can’t go wrong with this one! Rich and meaty, this recipe is full of flavor. Great for any occasion. A delicious recipe that hopefully the family will love. 🙂
Hello all! I have another slow cooker recipe for you today. It’s Lasagna! I would never have thought that Lasagna would be good in the slow cooker, but it is! No more having to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare a delicious Lasagna meal. Easy, breezy and delicious! I love the addition of the spinach in this recipe.
The first time I made this I worried that the noodles would not cook properly, but no worries there! I’ve made this twice now, once with spinach and once with kale, as I didn’t have spinach the first time around, and it is good either way. I also add carrots to this on occasion. The addition of the carrots, plus the spinach, made this recipe perfect for my family. I love the addition of the vegetables in any Lasagna I make, whether in the slow cooker or oven. The fact that I can make this in the slow cooker though, and know it turns out this delicious makes this recipe a definite keeper for me. Even more important is that my picky eater ate this, spinach and all! I hope this will be a winner at your house as well. Enjoy! 🙂
This post is part of Fiesta Friday. Come on over and join the fun!
Slow Cooker Country Lasagna
By: Arl’s World
You can’t go wrong with this one! Rich and meaty, this recipe is full of flavor. Great for any occasion. A delicious recipe that hopefully the whole family will love. 🙂
- 1 pound hamburger meat or Italian sausage, fully cooked
- 2 large jars marinara sauce
- 1 package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- fresh spinach
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Brown hamburger meat and add marinara sauce. Let simmer for 20 minutes. (You can also make your own marinara sauce if you like).
- While meat is simmering; in a bowl combine your ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and egg, Italian seasoning to taste and mix well.
- Spray the cooker with cooking spray, and start your layers of 1) meat sauce 2) uncooked lasagna noodles 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach and other veges you might add.
- Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on low for only three hours, any longer will overcook the noodles!