Cupcakes everybody! I am a big fan of cupcakes, I mean they are mini. cakes! …delicious little cake bites of heaven, in a dessert. It is amazing how many flavor combinations there are out there and I would like to try them all! Can you imagine being a judge on Cupcake Wars? How great would that be! It is safe to say I have a soft spot for this wonderful, sweet, yummy dessert.
This cupcake recipe is one of my favorites. Just the right amount of lemon flavor in this cupcake to compliment the wonderful blueberry and cream cheese frosting.
See Recipe below 🙂
This post is part of Fiesta Friday, click below to join the fun!
Thanks for visiting and happy eating!
Lemon Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Arl’s World
1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup milk
¾ cup oil
Zest of 1 lemon
1 small box lemon instant pudding mix
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
1 stick of unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold
8 oz of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffins tins with 24 regular cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice, milk and oil together. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add zest, cake mix, and pudding mix slowly while stirring.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Frosting: Place the blueberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar slowly. Add sour cream, honey and vanilla and beat well. Add blueberry puree and mix till blended. Add more powdered sugar if needed for desired taste or consistency. Refrigerate until ready to use (refrigeration will also help it thicken).
- Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired.