This post is short and sweet. Short, being that I have been a little under the weather today and really not feeling quite as festive as I would like. Darn allergies! Sweet, because I am posting my sweet, sugary, delicious Apple Spice Donuts. They are sooo good …
I seem to still be on an apple kick. Apple cake, apple donuts …good stuff! This recipe has just the right amount of apple and spices to make these donuts a fall breakfast favorite of mine. Even my picky eater liked them 🙂
Love these donuts with my morning cup of decaf coffee or tea. I like them best when they are first made and still warm …mmmm …they truly do melt in your mouth. Very moist!
Thanks for visiting!
Apple Spice Donuts
Ingredients for Donuts:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 large shredded apple
Ingredients for Sugar Cinnamon Topping:
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease donut pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined; add shredded apple. Fill the donut cups almost full.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together sugars with the cinnamon. Remove donuts from pan, dip each donut in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool slightly and serve still warm.